What distinguishes Orion’s SkyQuest xt8 telescope from others?
- A large number of cutting-edge technology and features that are not apparent to the naked eye are concealed within Orion’s SkyQuest XT8 telescope. With a 2-inch single-speed Crayford type focuser and a Red-Dot finder for convenience, it offers virtually unprecedented quality in its optical components. It also features Aluminum and Silicon Dioxide optical coatings for nearly unparalleled quality.
What can I see with an Orion XT8?
It will be possible to get amazing vistas of deep-sky things, Messier objects, faraway galaxies and nebulas with the XT8. You’ll be able to appreciate all of these items in their full splendor because of the broad field of vision provided by the XT8.
What is the best telescope for deep space viewing?
Review of the Best Telescopes for Observing Deep Space Objects
- Orion SkyQuest XT8g Dobsonian Telescope
- Celestron – NexStar 8SE Telescope
- Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT Telescope
- Sky-Watcher Classic 250 Dobsonian Telescope
- Orion SpaceProbe 130ST EQ Reflector Telescope Kit
- Celestron – NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope
- Celestron CPC 1100 StarB
How do I choose a telescope?
When selecting a telescope, the most important feature to consider is the aperture, which is defined as the diameter of the primary mirror or lens. The greater the diameter of the telescope, the more light it catches, allowing you to see fainter things and more detail on close, brilliant objects such as the Moon, as well as more distant objects.
Is a Dobsonian telescope good?
Dobsonian telescopes are very good instruments that are suitable for both amateur and professional astronomers. They are also incredibly cost-effective when compared to other types of telescopes. The capacity of the telescope to gather light is one of the advantages of this form of optical system. The greater the amount of light collected, the greater the number of fainter things that may be seen.
What is a Dobsonian mount?
Developed by John Dobson in 1965, the Dobsonian telescope is an altazimuth-mounted Newtonian telescope design that is credited with significantly expanding the size of telescopes available to amateur astronomers. The design is intended for seeing dim deep-sky objects like as nebulae and galaxies, which are difficult to see with the naked eye.